“And let us consider how we may spur one another toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as sone are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another-and all the more as you see the Day approaching.”
Dear Friends and Family,
With Jesus coming very soon, and “men’s hearts failing them from fear at what is coming on the earth,” we have a lot of opportunities to share truth, hope and encouragement with those around us.
We recently attended the annual Philippine Youth for Christ (PYC) conference held in Iloilo where we were asked to have a booth and share about our ministry. It was inspiring, as always, to hear the Godly speakers from around the world and learn from their experiences. It was also a joy to join the community service outreach day and share this Hope that we have with the neighbors around the city. While one group was holding free consultations and health lectures, our group went to the homes nearby to find more people with health issues and Bible questions. We shared natural remedies, and gave special prayers for each family.
After our last newsletter, we flew down to Mindanao where we’ve been ever since (except for the 5 days in Iloilo). We were so happy to see a lot of progress here at the airbase! The trusses were mostly up on the hangar, and gardens had been started in 5 different big plots all around the hangar and guesthouse! More than 150 banana and coconut trees were also planted around the base. We continue to praise God for great missionaries and various volunteers who give their time and talents, not for personal gain, but purely for service to God!
We recently gained another great missionary, when Neil got married a month and a half ago to Ruth! She is an answer to prayer not only for Neil, but also for me, Wendy. We are enjoying so much our visits together to our neighbors, offering blood pressures and prayers and looking for Bible Study interests. She’s a PAFCOE (Amazing Facts Evangelism) graduate and a gifted Bible worker and speaker. She’s also helping me to learn Bisaya’ (the main language of Mindanao), which is truly an answer to prayer! Another extra bonus from God is that I’m learning from her how to cook simple, healthy, local dishes with produce straight out of the gardens.
Dwayne has been working on the other side of the duplex here at the “guesthouse” whenever he has time. Neil and Ruth are staying with us for now in our small two bedroom apartment until the other side is finished, then they’ll be living there.
Last Friday we poured the first section of the cement pad in front of the hangar. This is always a huge job, and though there were challenges with equipment and weather, we’re thankful God sustained us through it and it is done! (Just two more sections to go!)
Though we are often busy with the development and administration side of this ministry, we often pray that we will not miss opportunities that come our way to show God’s love to a hurting world. Thank you so much for your prayers and support that make this ministry possible!
Dwayne and Wendy Harris
- R44 Helicopter Overhaul: $150,000 + $43,000
- Alouette Helicopter: $25,000 still needed
- Roofing for Mindanao hangar: $5,000
- Land in Palanan (East coast of Luzon) for missionary training, medical center etc: $1,000 still needed
- Twin Commanche Propellers: $15,000
- Mindanao Airbase: $22,500 Total
Container Vans (5): $16,000 (Completed, praise God!)
Roof for the Hanger: $15,500 ($5,000 still needed)
Converting insides of containers into 2 furnished apartments $20,000
Finishing well for water: $2,500
- Transmitter and equipment for low powered, FM radio station in Luzon: $300 (Palawan transmitter already purchased, thank you!)
- Missionary housing for Luzon: $10,000
- Farm managers
- Doctors, Nurses, and EMT’s
- Medical Missionaries
- Bible Workers, chaplains, youth pastors
- Administrators for small lifestyle centers
- Administrators for missionary training schools
- Supervisors for Bible workers
- Administrators for schools
- Praise for progress on the Mindanao airbase!
- Praise for successful dental mission in Palawan
- Praise for God’s leading with developing gardens/agriculture in all three projects!
- Pray for God’s financial provisions for this ministry
- Pray for God’s leading of where and how to set up missionary training schools
- Pray for a volunteer who can run the radio station in Palawan
- Pray for God’s leading in setting up small clinics/treatment rooms throughout the mountains in Palawan.
- Pray for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on each missionary and this ministry!